Election Campaign Fund

UC §59-10-1311

If your Utah income tax liability on line 27 plus line 30 is $2 or more ($4 if married filing jointly), you may contribute $2 to the campaign fund for any of the qualified parties listed below. If this is a joint return, your spouse may also contribute $2 to the party of his or her choice. This contribution will not reduce your refund or increase the tax you owe. To make a contribution, enter the letter code in box 3 of your Utah TC-40, page 1. The taxpayer and spouse may choose to donate to different political parties. Enter N if you do not want to make a contribution.

You can view the list of qualified political parties and find additional information at the Lieutenant Governor’s website

Party Name Code
Constitution Party C
Democratic Party
Green Party of Utah
Independent American Party
Libertarian Party
Republican Party
United Utah Party