Offices, Mailing Addresses, and Contact Information
Utah State Tax Commission
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays.
Many services are available online at tap.utah.gov.
- 801-297-2200, option “0” (Salt Lake local calling area)
- 800-662-4335, option “0” (toll free outside Salt Lake area)
- TDD 801-297-2020
Caution: Email is not secure. Do not send account numbers, ask about specific account information, or request account changes through email.
Automated Forms Ordering
- Local calls: 801-297-6700
- Toll free: 1-800-662-4335, ext. 6700
Note: The Tax Commission does not print the TC-40 Income Tax booklet. Get all forms and instructions at our Current Forms page.
If you need an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 801-297-3811 or Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD) 801-297-2020. Please allow three working days for a response.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Toll-free customer service: 1-800-829-1040
- TTY/TDD customer service: 1-800-829-4059
- Visit the IRS Where’s My Refund? page, or call 1-800-829-1954
- Prerecorded messages on tax topics: 1-800-829-4477
- Forms by fax: 1-703-368-9694
- Forms by phone: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676)
- A list of VITA and TCE sites that offer free tax preparation help: dial 211 or 1-800-829-1040
- The IRS offers content in a variety of file formats to accommodate people who use assistive technology such as screen reading software, refreshable Braille displays, and voice recognition software. See IRS Accessible Forms & Publications.