Email and Telephone Assistance
Last Updated on May 02, 2013
Utah State Tax Commission
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays.
Remember that many services are available online.
- 801-297-2200, option "0" (Salt Lake local calling area)
- 800-662-4335, option "0" (toll free outside Salt Lake area)
- TDD 801-297-2020
Please note that email is not secure. Do not send account numbers, inquire about specific account information, or request changes to your account through email.
- Tax and Filing Issues:
- Website Issues:
Automated Forms Ordering
- Local calls: 801-297-6700
- Toll Free: 1-800-662-4335, ext. 6700
Note: The Tax Commission no longer prints the TC-40 Income Tax booket. To obtain a copy of the TC-40 forms or instructions, visit our forms page.
If you need an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you may email
, or call 801-297-3811, or call our Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD) at 801-297-2020. Please allow three working days for a response.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Toll-free customer service: 1-800-829-1040
- TTY/TDD customer service: 1-800-829-4059
- Federal Refund Status, or call 1-800-829-1954
- Prerecorded messages on tax topics: 1-800-829-4477
- Forms by fax: 1-703-368-9694
- Forms by phone: 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676)
- A list of VITA and TCE sites that offer free tax preparation assistance: dial 211 or 1-800-829-1040
- IRS Braille materials
The Braille print files are in .brf format and can be sent directly to an embosser for high-quality Braille output.